- Listed: January 21, 2015 7:59 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
Are you buying auto insurance for the first time? You probably don’t even know where to start. It’s no secret that purchasing auto insurance for the first time can be a bit overwhelming. Below are some tips that can help to make getting a new auto insurance policy a bit smoother.
When obtaining insurance for a teenage driver, get the best deal by asking for a quote on both adding your son or daughter to your car insurance account and on getting him or her their own car insurance. Adding a driver to your account is generally cheaper, but sometimes a low credit score can make establishing a new account more cost effective.
Contact your auto insurance agency if you have a change in your work situation. Retiring, cutting back your hours, or switching to telecommuting all mean that you will be driving considerably fewer miles each week. The number of miles you drive can have a significant impact on your auto insurance rates.
When considering insurance for a young driver, be sure to calculate the expected mileage per year. Many insurance providers will provide a discount for low mileage customers. Most likely, a high school age driver will qualify, even if they drive to school and work. Be sure to check with multiple agencies to compare rates.
Having your VIN number etched into your window can lower your insurance premiums up to 15 percent. Sometimes the VIN number is already etched into the car’s window, but will raise the price of the car $300 to $900. You can also etch the number into the window yourself for $19.95.
Drivers who do not file insurance claims are entitled to big discounts. Make sure you broach this no-claims topic after you have been with the same insurance carrier for a few years. Drivers with five years of filing no claims can be rewarded with up to 75% off of their premium payments. Now that’s some big-time savings.
If you loved this article and you would certainly such as to receive even more info concerning temporary van insurance Comparison kindly visit the internet site. In some states you can actually file proof of financial responsibility and forgo actually having to buy an auto insurance policy. If your state happens to be one of those, I’d suggest looking into it since it can save you on insurance premiums every month. The only drawback is that if an accident does happen, and you are at fault, you would be responsible for damages.
Don’t allow inferior parts to be used to repair your car, and it will last longer. Some insurance companies may send you to a repair shop that doesn’t necessarily have your car’s best interests in mind. Make sure that they use parts directly from the manufacturer to ensure a perfect fit and that they meet federal safety standards.
When adding a member of the family to your insurance plan, check and see if it may be cheaper for them to get covered separately. The general rule of thumb is that it is less expensive to add on to your policy, but if you have a high premium already they may be able to find cheaper coverage on their own.
As you can see, there’s more to an auto insurance policy than the price. Make sure you keep these things in mind as you choose your insurance provider, to make sure that you don’t get a policy that doesn’t come through when you need it to. Keep this article handy!
484 total views, 1 today
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: Lucio Lawrence
- Member Since: October 14, 2014
Other items listed by Lucio Lawrence
- Great Van Insurance Comparison Advice You Should Follow
- Every Important Van Insurance Comparison Tip You Could Ever Hope For
- The Basics On How Van Insurance Comparison Works
- Be Informed Before Buying Van Insurance Comparison By Reading This Article
- Follow These Tips To Locate The Van Insurance Comparison Policy That You Need
Popular Ads Overall
- Best Aol.com Login Page Android Apps (24231 views)
- Three Enticing Ways To Improve Your Credit Citi Login Skills (22937 views)
- 9 Methods Of Log Into My Netflix Account Domination (21933 views)
- A Deadly Mistake Uncovered on Log In Facebook And How to Avoid It (16449 views)
- 7 Enticing Ways To Improve Your Citi Online Account Skills (15410 views)
- Genghis Khan’s Guide To Aol Sign Up Email Excellence (15289 views)
- How To Get Hotmail.com Log In For Under $100 (14337 views)
- How To Restore Hotmail.com Log In (14161 views)
- What Makes A Facebook Login Facebook Sign Up? (11826 views)
- Pinterest.com Christmas Ideas Tips & Guide (10504 views)