- Listed: January 12, 2015 1:19 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
Throughout life, you will come to points where you have to insure various items to protect their value in the case of an accident. Of all the insurance payments, you will have to make. Auto insurance will be one of the largest and most financially demanding options you must decide upon. Make sure you abide by some basic tips when you finally get to that point.
Use social media to your advantage when shopping for an auto insurance policy. Check what real drivers are saying about insurance companies via websites, forums and blogs. By going the social route, you will find out the truth about an insurance company, not the hype the insurance companies themselves pay to put out.
There are optional protections past legal protections that can further protect you. You will have more coverage, but your premium may be more. If you buy uninsured motorist coverage, your insurance company will pay out in the event of a hit-and-run accident or if you are involved in an accident with someone who does car insurance not have insurance.
You may be able to avoid having to pay for costly rental car insurance if you complete the rental transaction using a credit card that provides coverage. Be sure to read the fine print in your credit card agreement as the offerings can vary between cards. In most cases you’ll have to do the entire rental transaction on the same card to keep from voiding the coverage.
If you own an older model vehicle, drop your collision coverage. Most policies have a limited amount collision coverage, that will not pay for more than the blue book value. Investigate how much your vehicle is worth, and then figure out how much the added collision coverage will cost you. Paying the extra coverage amount is sometimes not worth your while.
Take a driving course to get a discount on auto insurance. Young drivers who have taken a driver’s education course are usually eligible for discounted auto insurance rates. Similarly, older drivers who take a defensive driving course are also eligible for discounts on auto insurance. Check with your insurance company to see if they offer these discounts.
If you want to lower your monthly payment to the lowest that is legally possible, raise the deductibles on your car insurance. The higher the deductible is set the lower your premiums are going to be. Check with the lien holder to be sure that there is not a minimum that it has to be set at.
If you are serious about saving money on automobile insurance, think about downsizing the number of vehicles you use. If your family can get by on only one car, you will save a substantial amount of money. Not only will you pay less for your insurance policy, but you’ll also see savings in your monthly car maintenance bills.
Your insurance should not be too expensive if you drive less than 7500 miles a year. You can drive less by taking public transportation instead, or by sharing rides with your coworkers. Make sure you can provide a proof to your insurance company that you drive under 7500 miles a year.
No matter how careful you are, there’s no way to completely prevent anything from happening to your car. That’s why you need to take the time to find an auto insurance plan that works for you. The advice in this article will help you to find car insurance that you’ll feel comfortable paying for.
369 total views, 1 today
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: Feldman Rosie
- Member Since: November 21, 2014
Other items listed by Feldman Rosie
- Saving A Bundle When You Shop Car Insurance The Right Way
- Steps For Making Sure Your Car Insurance Coverage Is Adequate
- Do You Have The Right Car Insurance For Your Needs?
- You Should Comparison Shop For Your Car Insurance
- Get Tips About The Car Insurance You Need
Popular Ads Overall
- 9 Methods Of Log Into My Netflix Account Domination (19179 views)
- Three Enticing Ways To Improve Your Credit Citi Login Skills (18357 views)
- Best Aol.com Login Page Android Apps (14816 views)
- 7 Enticing Ways To Improve Your Citi Online Account Skills (12575 views)
- A Deadly Mistake Uncovered on Log In Facebook And How to Avoid It (11816 views)
- Genghis Khan’s Guide To Aol Sign Up Email Excellence (10318 views)
- How To Restore Hotmail.com Log In (9465 views)
- How To Get Hotmail.com Log In For Under $100 (7835 views)
- Four Reasons Yahoomail.com Is A Waste Of Time (7649 views)
- The A – Z Of I Tuness (7442 views)