- Listed: January 12, 2015 5:03 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
Auto insurance may seem like an annoyance when you don’t need to use it, but if you get in an accident, you’ll be incredibly relieved that you have it. However, not all auto insurance policies are created equal and you want to be sure your insurance company will give you what you pay for. Here are some tips for any auto insurance shopper.
The less you use your car, the lower your insurance rates will be. If you can take the bus or train or ride your bicycle to work every day instead of driving, your insurance company may give you a low-mileage discount. This, and the fact that you will be spending so much less on gas, will save you lots of money every year.
Be careful to always maintain a clean driving record. Accidents and moving violations on your record will drastically increase your insurance premiums. If you do have citations or accident reports on your record, you may be able to get them removed by attending driving school, which will lower your rates.
Before you add your teenage driver to your auto insurance policy, take a look at your own credit history. If your credit is good, it’s usually cheaper to add a teen to your own policy. But if you have had credit problems, it would be better not to hand that on to your child; start them off with a policy in their own name.
Add your spouse to your insurance policy. Insurance companies are notorious for wanting stable and responsible customers. Adding your spouse to your policy signifies that you have become more stable and reliable, and many companies will lower your rates just for that reason. If your spouse has a clean driving record, that can help lower your rates as well.
Although it may be obvious, driving safely is key to maintaining low rates and premiums. Bad driving such as speeding can increase your rates and also lead to non-renewal of your policy. A car accident will usually increase your costs by up to 40%. Of course you should avoid bad driving regardless of your car insurance to avoid tickets and dangerous car insurance quote accidents.
Having an expensive car or car that is considered a sports car will often increase the price one pays for auto insurance. If one does not like the sound of that then they should consider getting car insurance quote a different type of car. It will not only save them insurance money but often money off the car itself.
Figure out how many miles you drive in a year before you get a car insurance quote. This is another large factor in auto insurance premiums, so you want to make sure the company has an accurate estimation of the amount of time you spend on the road. This could add up to big savings on your quote.
If you are married, make sure that you have your spouse on the same car insurance plan. Many car insurance providers offer reductions to those who are married. This can save you a lot of money. Marriage indicates some level of stability, thus making you a more dependable driver in the insurance company’s eyes.
Before moving, consider the possible changes in the cost of insurance. Some areas cost a great deal more than others. The accident and theft rate of an area generally determine the insurance rates. Usually suburbs and rural areas will have lower rates the big cities.
Your insurance premiums are based on your demographic information. This means that certain categories of people will pay more than others. If you find your insurance too high, perhaps someone else can insure it in their name for you. This is not illegal if this is a shared vehicle.
Insurance coverage can be tricky. Learning who to go with and understanding what they offer is a challenge. Hopefully, the tips that have been offered here will help you in finding the coverage that works for you and learning how to deal with the issues that can come up after you sign on the dotted line.
833 total views, 2 today
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: Kazuko Otis
- Member Since: October 14, 2014
Other items listed by Kazuko Otis
- Car Insurance Quote Advice Busy People Can Use
- Simple Tips On How To Get Cheap Rates On Car Insurance Quote
- Your Best Guide For How To Get The Most Out Of Car Insurance Quote
- With A Few Great Tips, You Can Save A Lot On Car Insurance Quote
- Car Insurance Tips And Tidbits For Drivers
Popular Ads Overall
- Best Aol.com Login Page Android Apps (25734 views)
- Three Enticing Ways To Improve Your Credit Citi Login Skills (25430 views)
- 9 Methods Of Log Into My Netflix Account Domination (22815 views)
- Genghis Khan’s Guide To Aol Sign Up Email Excellence (18982 views)
- A Deadly Mistake Uncovered on Log In Facebook And How to Avoid It (18374 views)
- 7 Enticing Ways To Improve Your Citi Online Account Skills (17304 views)
- Eight Tips That Will Make You Guru In Gmail Sign In (17198 views)
- How To Restore Hotmail.com Log In (16068 views)
- How To Get Hotmail.com Log In For Under $100 (15778 views)
- What Makes A Facebook Login Facebook Sign Up? (12684 views)