- Listed: January 21, 2015 9:38 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
Car insurance is a major expense for many households, but it’s important to have. A good car insurance policy is essential when trying to get back on the road after an accident. So what should you look for when shopping for car insurance? Here are a few tips to keep in mind.
When your children leave home permanently, take them off your auto insurance policy. It can be hard to accept, but once your children move out, they’re adults and responsible for their own insurance. Removing them from your insurance policy will save you a significant amount of money over the course of the policy.
Before you add your teenage driver to your auto insurance policy, take a look at your own credit history. If your credit is good, it’s usually cheaper to add a teen to your own policy. But if you have had credit problems, it would be better not to hand that on to your child; start them off with a policy in their own name.
You may be able to save a bundle on car insurance by taking advantage of various discounts offered by your insurance company. Lower risk drivers often receive lower rates, so if you are older, married or have a clean driving record, check with your insurer to see if they will give you a better deal.
There are optional protections past legal protections that can further protect you. Your cost will be more, but if you get into an accident, it will be worth the extra expense. For example, if you get uninsured motorist insurance, you are protected even if the other party involved is illegally driving without insurance.
Car insurance protects you and other people in case of an accident. It is also to protect the bank that still owns your car. If the car gets totaled, your insurance company will be responsible for paying the amount due on the car, as well as what it is worth.
Your teenage driver may be eligible for a number of discounts that could make auto insurance more affordable, so be sure to ask. Some companies will give a discount to good students with a GPA above 3.0. Your teen’s premiums may also gradually decrease as they accumulate a safe driving record. Defensive driving courses and a car with plenty of safety features can also get you a cheaper policy.
If you live in a city, own a car and you are getting car insurance, it may be wise to think about moving to the suburbs. By making this move, you could be saving thousands each year on your car insurance, as it is always more costly in the city.
Try to dig up as much information about how a particular car insurance company handles claims. There are some out there that will get the work done on your car as quickly as your mechanic can do the work ,and there are others that will really drag their feet when it comes to paying out a claim.
The amount of competition can make your head spin if you’re not sure how to approach insurance in general. These tips deal specifically with auto insurance and the many ways you can work to save money over the life of your policy. Follow them closely if you want those savings to really pile up.
529 total views, 1 today
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: Fiorini Randell
- Member Since: October 14, 2014
Other items listed by Fiorini Randell
- When It Comes To Car Insurance Try These Tips
- The More You Know About Car Insurance, The Better It Is For You
- Great Tips For Making An Car Insurance Decision
- Stop Paying Too Much For Car Insurance: Tips And Tricks To Get The Best Quote
- Car Insurance Is More Affordable Than You Think
Popular Ads Overall
- Best Aol.com Login Page Android Apps (22984 views)
- Three Enticing Ways To Improve Your Credit Citi Login Skills (22154 views)
- 9 Methods Of Log Into My Netflix Account Domination (21324 views)
- A Deadly Mistake Uncovered on Log In Facebook And How to Avoid It (14979 views)
- 7 Enticing Ways To Improve Your Citi Online Account Skills (14925 views)
- Genghis Khan’s Guide To Aol Sign Up Email Excellence (13792 views)
- How To Get Hotmail.com Log In For Under $100 (13404 views)
- How To Restore Hotmail.com Log In (12724 views)
- The A – Z Of I Tuness (9718 views)
- What Makes A Facebook Login Facebook Sign Up? (9631 views)