- Listed: January 16, 2015 7:54 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
Before purchasing life insurance, you need to be aware of the different types and what you can expect. It really helps to have answers to your questions and to know how your life insurance policy will be eventually handled. The tips in this article can help you know where to start.
When creating a divorce settlement that requires one parent to maintain life insurance in order to keep custody of children, create the insurance policy before signing the divorce settlement. This speeds up the settlement process and insures that any kinks in the making of the insurance policy are dealt with before the custody issues.
When you are planning on purchasing a life insurance policy, select an independent broker. Independent brokers can generally offer more selection in terms of policy and cost than a broker who works exclusively for a specific insurance company. Company brokers are limited to the products their company sells, and may also be pushed by the company to recommend a particular product.
Familiarizing yourself with some common life insurance terms can help you determine which type is best for you, as well as how much coverage you want to purchase. Cash value refers to the portion of your policy that is available for you to withdraw as loans for various purposes, such as education costs or credit card debt. A premium is simply the periodic payment that you make to keep the policy active. Another term you might see is dividends, which refers to the money you may receive back on your premiums if the insurance company overestimated their expenses and ended up with a surplus. A dividend is not guaranteed.
Talk to your beneficiaries as soon as you purchase life insurance. Make sure they understand exactly what benefits they get upon your death. Let the beneficiary know how much the policy is worth, where to find the documentation for the policy, and the details of who to contact if something happens to you.
Don’t lie or withhold information on your life insurance application. If an insurance provider finds out that you did not disclose a medical condition or a certain type of lifestyle on your application, they can void your policy. If you die, this can then leave family members left behind in a difficult position.
You have decided you need a life insurance policy, and figured out how much insurance you need, now you need to figure out what kind of insurance best fits your needs. Currently there are four varieties of life insurance available; variable life, universal life, whole life, and universal life.
When naming multiple beneficiaries of a life insurance policy, it is up to you to decide which beneficiary gets how much of a percentage. This is just something else you have to think about when filling out a life insurance policy. It may hurt someone to receive more or less than another, so note the implications.
You should avoid adding on riders to your life insurance policy unless you absolutely need them. One reason is you need to fully understand what they are before you even consider it, which most people do not. A second reason is this can be very expensive and is not guaranteed to add much value to your end policy.
One tip when purchasing life insurance, always tell the truth about your health issues. Even if you are able to make it through the medical tests and reviews done by the insurance company and get the policy issued, it is not a good idea. Insurance companies investigate claims and if they suspect your information is not valid, the claim will not be paid and your heirs could be tied up in court for years.
Paying once every year instead of once every month might present a better way for you to handle your life insurance premiums. Not only can you keep better track of the payments this way, but it also allow you to pay in a lot less money by paying bulk per year instead of once every month.
In conclusion, getting the best life insurance for you and your family is extremely important. It is crucial that they have the proper finances available to them upon your death. Take the tips that this article has provided to you in order to get the life insurance policy that is best for you.
366 total views, 1 today
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: Minnie
- Member Since: October 14, 2014
Other items listed by Minnie
- Tips On How To Get Affordable Best Life Insurance
- Best Life Insurance Tips That You You Need Today
- Making A Best Life Insurance Decision Is Very Important. These Tips Can Guide You In The Right Direction
- Best Life Insurance Tips That You You Need Today
- Sleep Easier With The Proper Best Life Insurance Protection
Popular Ads Overall
- 9 Methods Of Log Into My Netflix Account Domination (18173 views)
- Three Enticing Ways To Improve Your Credit Citi Login Skills (17222 views)
- Best Aol.com Login Page Android Apps (12825 views)
- 7 Enticing Ways To Improve Your Citi Online Account Skills (11974 views)
- A Deadly Mistake Uncovered on Log In Facebook And How to Avoid It (11352 views)
- Genghis Khan’s Guide To Aol Sign Up Email Excellence (9435 views)
- How To Restore Hotmail.com Log In (8815 views)
- What Makes A Facebook Login Facebook Sign Up? (6766 views)
- Five Surprisingly Effective Ways To Gmail.com Login Sign In (6561 views)
- Four Awesome Tips About Trying To Sign Up For Netflix From Unlikely Sources (6421 views)